SEPANG, Malaysia — The post-mortem report for Italian rider Marco Simoncelli, who died in a crash at last year's Malaysian MotoGP, has been completed and sent to his family, a race official said Wednesday.
Ahmad Razlan Ahmad Razali, chief executive officer of the Sepang International Circuit where Simoncelli died in October 2011, told AFP the report was passed to his family and he did not know its conclusions.
Speaking on sidelines on day two of a three-day MotoGP testing session, he said the report on Simoncelli, the flamboyant 2008 Moto2 world champion considered an up and coming MotoGp star, was handed to his family in January.
"It came out a few weeks ago, in January. I didn't want to have a look, I had the opportunity to have a look but I didn't think it was right so we forwarded it to the family," he said.
The crash occurred soon after the race began when the 24-year-old Honda rider's bike veered across the track and into the path of riders Colin Edwards and Valentino Rossi, who appeared to have hit him....more