Rich and Bryan are working on a project together and the sparks are flying!
Photos by Vicki Smith
Ductalk Ducati News
Ducati News Daily
Curated by Vicki Smith for Ducati.net
MONTEREY, CALIFORNIA – May 4, 2015 –Ducati dealerships repeated as the top ranked brand in the newly released 2015 Pied Piper Prospect Satisfaction Index® (PSI®) U.S. Motorcycle Industry Benchmarking Study. The study measured dealership treatment of motorcycle shoppers, with rankings by brand determined by the patent-pending Pied Piper PSI process, which ties “mystery shopping” measurement and scoring to industry sales success.
2015 marked the ninth consecutive year that Ducati and Harley-Davidson dealerships were ranked either first, second or third. Brands showing the greatest overall improvement from 2014 to 2015 were Aprilia, KTM and BMW. Brands with declines from 2014 to 2015 were Can-Am, Indian and Star. All of the five top-ranked brands for 2015 – Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Victory, Triumph and BMW –improved their performance compared to the previous year. In total, thirteen of the seventeen brands improved their performance, resulting in the highest industry average PSI score of the nine years Pied Piper has been benchmarking the U.S. motorcycle industry.
An example of industrywide improvement is the substantial increase in test rides offered. Five years ago an immediate test ride was offered only 15% of the time, while the possibility of a future test ride was mentioned 19% of the time, for a grand total of test rides of any type mentioned 34% of the time. The 2015 study showed that immediate test rides were offered 35% of the time and future test rides were mentioned 28% of the time, for a grand total of test rides of any type mentioned 63% of the time. Other examples of industrywide improvement include salespeople requesting customer contact information 57% of the time vs 46% of the time five years ago, salespeople asking about trade-ins 39% of the time vs 27% of the time five years ago, and salespeople encouraging customers to sit on a bike 81% of the time vs 70% of the time five years ago.
Pied Piper has found that on average, when motorcycle dealerships are ranked by their PSI score, dealerships in the top quarter sell 22% more motorcycles than dealerships in the bottom quarter. “So much about the motorcycle business is difficult for a dealership to control,” said Fran O’Hagan, President and CEO of Pied Piper Management Co., LLC. “In contrast, dealerships can control the sales process used by their sales team, and the results are clearly worth the effort.”
About Pied Piper PSI® and Pied Piper Management Company, LLC
The 2015 Pied Piper Prospect Satisfaction Index U.S. Motorcycle Industry Study was conducted between July 2014 and April 2015 using 1,779 hired anonymous “mystery shoppers” at dealerships located throughout the U.S. Examples of other recent Pied Piper PSI studies are the 2015 Pied Piper PSI® Internet Lead Effectiveness(™) (ILE™) Benchmarking Study, in which the U.S. Lexus dealer network was top ranked, and the 2014 Pied Piper PSI (In-Person) U.S. Auto Industry Study, in which the Mercedes-Benz dealer network was ranked first.
Complete Pied Piper PSI industry study results are provided to vehicle manufacturers and national dealer groups. Manufacturers, national dealer groups and individual dealerships also order PSI “mystery shop” evaluations—in-person, internet or telephone—as tools to improve the sales effectiveness of their dealerships. For more information about the Pied Piper Prospect Satisfaction Index, and the patent-pending PSI process, go to www.piedpiperpsi.com.
Pro Italia Motorcycles, one of the foremost sport bike dealers in the country and located in Glendale California, announced today that it will be holding Café Desmo, the Southern California Italian Sport Bike Event, at Newcomb’s Ranch on Angeles Crest Highway on Sunday, May 3, from 11am to 4pm. It will be preceded by a pre-event party on Friday, May 1, starting at 7:30 at 3319 N Verdugo Road in Glendale.
Bill Nation, Dealer/Principal of Pro Italia, noted that “Café Desmo has been an extraordinarily popular event for Pro Italia for the past 24 years, recently attracting thousands of people and hundreds of bikes. This year, given the two year hiatus of Café Desmo, we’re working to make it the very best bike gathering we have ever had.” Bill continued, “There’ll be a ride up the Crest starting from Pro Italia at 10am on May 3. Coming from all directions we’ll gather at Newcomb’s Ranch to listen to music, eat food prepared by Newcomb’s and hang out with hundreds of bikes and people in Angeles Crest Forest. It promises to be a great way to spend a Sunday in SoCal.
For 2015, Café Desmo will include:
And most importantly, the opportunity to spend time with like-minded enthusiasts and the entire Pro Italia team.
With the announcement of this year’s Café Desmo, it seems that beautiful motorcycles, superb riding roads, great events, extraordinary customer service and Pro Italia go hand-in-hand.
Cafe Desmo, always a great event...
Share your Ducati Passion in the Ducati Grandstand during the 2014 Red Bull Indianapolis GP at Indianapolis Motorspeedway!
Dates: August 8-10, 2014
Indy Grandstand package is now on sale and we get a brand new jumbotron this year
www.ducati.com - Video of the first Tribuna Ducati in Thailand, organized for the SBK Thailand round, March 22nd 2015.
Great glimpse of Troy Bayliss, the Ducati Corse Team and the fantastic Thai Ducati fans at Troy's last SBK race
Lady bikers: Members of the Women On Wheels Indonesia community (from left to right), Ade Desti, Ellea, Fury Irfie, Dhea and Yanti, pose with their ...
Really proud to see this type of community and support
2nd annual Ducs on the Farm track day at Blackhawk Farms. Ducati only with instruction for intro class.
This is a perfect "first track day". If you have been on the fence it's time to take it to the track!
A quick guide to get the most out of your first flat track race.
All about why this might be the most honest form of motorsport there is. These guys are gladiators.
Troy Bayliss to Compete on a Ducati in All One-Mile AMA ProRacing Flat Track Events
It’s official, Troy Bayliss is coming to America to chase his dream of winning a flat track mile. In a factory supported five race deal with the legendary Lloyd Brothers Motorsports team, and financial backing provided by noted Ducati collector James E. Dillard III, Bayliss will compete alongside teammate Johnny Lewis.
For the rest click HERE
Join me, Ducati.net and Ductalk as we participate in this project (and cheer Troy on)!
The first day of action of the eni FIM Superbike World Championship at the TT Circuit Assen drew to a close with Chaz Davies (Aruba.it Racing – Ducati Superbike Team) responding to the challenge from the KRT duo of former Champion Tom Sykes (Kawasaki Racing Team) and current Championship leader Jonathan Rea to top of the overall classification by a margin of 0.320s with a final, scintillating lap of 1’35.748.
Hand Crafted. In Austin it's a high art. Only in its second year, the Handbuilt Show is an invitational showcase for hand crafted motorcycles that has rapidly set the standard and totally raised t...
Lots of Ducati's (and other beautiful handcrafted motorcycles) in this story I wrote this week for Gizmag. Make sure you check out the photo gallery, it's chock full of MotoMagic